Thursday, February 19, 2009

wine class

Studying in William Angliss has really broaden my knowledge towards food. So many things that i thought i wouldn't know, or did not even bother to know .. now has become an exciting adventure towards my culinary career. Not only i now want to be good in everything, i want to be the best. Coming to William Angliss has really motivated me and pushed me to do my best always. Everything seems so interesting, everything seemed to make me crack my head to wonder, "what is this? why is this? how come is this?" these questions keep popping in my head, making me so curious to many things. Hey, lecturers remembers my name ok!! hahaha. I was always the active one in class. 

So posted below are some pictures i took during my wine class. The white guy is David Craven, our wine lecturer. And the other fat guy, who looks younger is my brazilian friend, Ricardo. He's teaching us how to properly open a bottle of sparkling wine. The pressure in the bottle is equivalent to a shooting bullet. So it must be handled properly. Or your eyes might be popped out by the cork. Hahaha. 



Four different wines will be tasted every week. We had white wine last week, so this week we had sparkling wines. Wondering why there's a red wine in it? Its Rumball, a sparkling red wine from South Australia. Hey it tastes like ribenna, hahaha. Well, the famous sparkling red wine is always Rose. haven't tried that yet .. probably during Culture & Cuisine class. can't wait! 

This is Prosecco, a sparkling white wine, product of Italy. A very commercialize wine, great for all occasions. The fruity taste with a hint of caramel makes it a good wine for light dishes. (sounds like a wine expert huh.. :-P )

1 comment: