Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my tiny hut..



well folks this is my room. a front view and a top view. my single bed is on top of my study table, behind my study table is a closet to hang my clothes. Beside it is a small closet with 2 racks in it. Beside my room door is a cupboard with a closed closet on the bottom and 2 open shelves. A heater on the side, and a clothes hanger. Plus a study table. 

Not bad to say actually .. just a little too big for a single person. Feel really quiet n lonely especially at night.. miss my bed.

So today i went for the orientation. Wow almost 90% international students are asians ! When i walked into the hall there was like almost 300people. Mostly asians. Surprisingly William Angliss is so well known overseas too. By the way, the sad thing about it is .. there's only 4 person in my course. Of course i combine most of the class with other Bachelor Degree students, such as B'Degree in Hospitality Management and B'Degree in Even Management. A lot of our subjects are similar. So we will usually be sharing classes. But i hope i don't have to go to any class that only consists 4 of us. Which is all 4 from Malaysia ! 1 chinese guy, 1 chinese girl and 1 indian. 3 of them are friends. I will get to know them more soon. Hope to be friends.

So after orientation,  i got my student ID card, a diary from William Angliss and some Melbourne goodies. Listening to the director talking about how the classes will be conducted, how the examinations will be held and a few more things concerning the degree program .. this is no joke at all. Presentation in front of the class !!!! Oh gosh .. wonder if i am ready for that. 

So went to the degree class for a talk, and saw a lot of local aussies too. Plus some of our asians, so adding up to about 50 people taking up degrees. Its a bit tense in the lecture hall, is a bit dark and gloomy .. some of the students were paying full attention, while others sms'ing in the hall. One of them even fell asleep.. wierd huh. Hahaha.

After the whole orientation ended, i walked up to BigW to get my blanket. It was kinda cold last night and pity me, i was sleeping cuddling up like a ball. Just had my jacket out to cover my hands. Wonder why suddenly the weather change. Stupid melbourne. Anyway, on my way back i drop by Safeway to get some groceries. Got myself a bunch of maggie mee, a small packet of rice and a few microwave meals. Total of $19 that i think can last me for almost a week. Must save money oh !! 

Well, finally got home after walking for almost an hour carrying those heavy groceries and blanket. Took my shower and here i am.. blogging. What else better to do . Shouldn't take a nap, if not i wont be able to sleep tonight. Well, i got no class tmr. Can wake up later. Since i got maggie mee, can save money on eating out. So probably i wont be heading out tmr, gonna stay back in my room doing some research on the course. 

Oh ya! Did i mention, my class is only on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs? And the latest class goes till 1.30pm only on Wednesday, which is wine class. So i will probably start to look for a part time job. Saw a sign on Swanson's St, a small sushi shop looking for part timers. Will probably drop by to check it out next week. 

Aight mates. Will update soon.
Bye'yal. 

PS: Still miss home a lot ....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment